Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Min Ana?

Last night, me and beautiful love, Z, decided to watch a movie. As we scrolled through the channels “The Book of Eli” was on. Z was ecstatic, I wasn’t so. I started my usual nagging and whining, “another I kill you all movie, Jesus doesn’t it get old”. He insisted I watch it, so after I got bored of trying to steal away the remote, I thought to myself, “I claim to be open the most open minded person in the world, I am so not acting upon.” So I put an X on my mouth and warmed up to Z, and it began. The movie was beautiful let me say, emotional yet strong, hopeless yet the light in the end of the tunnel seemed so bright. It made me think, today we fight and hate due to religions, God told me no God told me. In the movie it shows that the only missing aspect in the remaining world was religion. Now sit and think for a while, when you are feeling down and have no one to hear you out, you raise your head high or low depending who u believe in, and pray. Well we mostly ask! If we really read the words and not between the lines and see what is, not what our eyes want to see, we would realize that religion has no enemy. So why do we stand with a religion weapon in our hands fighting for more land, money etc?  Living in the states opened me to many diverse people; I had friends that would considered enemies back home.  We stand as beings, human beings not animals. Min ana? Ana metlak wo enta metle.

2 comments:

  1. Ana Min? Ana metlak wo enta metle... This should be the identity of every Lebanese citizen!
    In my own limited experience I have found that Lebanese diversity should be a virtue that brings us altogether. People of different religions and cultures live side by side in almost every part of the world, Why can't we Lebanese do the same?
    I believe that the very purpose of our life is to seek happiness whether one believes in religion or not, whether one believes in this religion or that religion, we are all seeking something better in life. We can live without religion but we cannot survive without human affection, for, we are not solely material creatures.
    We Lebanese should accept, tolerate and understand each other regardless of religion, culture, social status, etc.Soooo Open Up!
    Enta Min? Enta metle w ana metlak law enta ma3ak Porsche bi $100,000 w ana ma3e renault 12. Ente Min? Ente metle w ana metlik law ma3ik sac Hermes bi $40,000 w ana ma3e sac men souk l arman:)Khalasna mazahir w teshbi7 ba2a!
    Get back to your brains!:)


    We all have one God... Amen.

    Miiiich I loved your blog, u inspired me tonight w fasheyt khel2e:) Looking forward to reading new stuff. kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm Wondering, which statement is more true:
    1) Religion is the Path to Salvation
    2) Religion Leads to Destruction

    For All I know, Religions are set of Moral rules that we Human beings follow for not to be Animals,
    Yet on the other hand take a look at our world. Wherever there are wars/fights, Religion has a lot to do with it.

    The Religion I follow, regardless of which one it is or how much spiritual influence it has on me, it should be kept inside me. Don’t compare your religion with other religions, and the only people who need to hear from you about religion are your children at most.

    Religion is really bad at politics, Business and Governing a country. Religion will lead you to salvation, but enforcing your Religion on others will lead to Destruction.

    Do have faith it’s important, yet do have brains it’s more important!

    ReplyDelete