Monday, August 26, 2013

Freedom sounds mute

A letter that was intended, but was kept ....


Dear You,
First and foremost, I want to personally thank you all for the support you have been showing and offering me and my family. Words don’t show appreciation as actions, but with limited circumstances I promise to keep pushing the limits and fighting for a land that we all call home. Today I write to you, as a man who stands and will always stand on firm beliefs that grow stronger daily, because of you.  While some believe that sitting on the head of the table marks power, I believe that sitting on the same table is the true definition of power.

Some question my abilities and capabilities; it doesn’t surprise me because at some points, I find myself fighting a battle, facing no reactions. I tend to pause with exhaustion, but your determinations ignite mine and that’s what keeps me going.

Dear you, feeling hopeless is normal, it’s part of humanity, but growing hopeless is unacceptable. My xxxx once said, “ It’s the will of the Lebanese, that will always place them on the hot seat, but it’s their ways that will always keep them going.” He was a wise man.

We have been losing the colors of our nationality, and who to blame? Let’s go back to the history class; let’s remember what our teachers taught us about our flag:
Red is for our heroes who we look up to for strength and reminder.
Green is for our Cedar tree that defines our roots.
And white?  Only you can redefine that.
We are all, red, green and white and no one can escape that.

I wake up proud to be Lebanese; I sleep, eat, breath, and live with this pride. I am sticking to the feeling till the end and I hope you all feel that way. Remember some can’t exit Lebanon seeking a new belonging, escaping reality is easy but fighting for a better one has a different taste.  Lebanon is for you, all for you.

Not everyone who holds a brush is an artist, Lebanon was, is and will always be a painting that everyone admires and many envy. Hang it on your walls and remember that no matter what happens you are the colors of that painting.

While we sing out personal anthems, we forget our national anthem. If you ever get to travel, you will learn that “There is no place like home.” Guess what? Lebanon is your home, so kindly revisit your priorities.

Today we launched the xxx new website, nothing but sincere happiness fills me up, because witnessing passion, compassion and dedication reminds me of my xx, xx, xx, xxx and xx who once where white and green and now are red.

Dear you, dear all, I am because of you.

Love,

xxxx

Kings without crowns

I sing to one God and he is way above
Rey2a,
MK



No comments:

Post a Comment