Saturday, February 5, 2011

FREEDOM

“All men betray. All lose heart”, I watched Braveheart back in 1995, and saw it many times more. But last night, I really watched Braveheart, and you could see my heart beating with every passing scene. Lands, homes, wives, kids, hearts, dreams but not starvation for freedom were taken away. Look around you at this very moment, what do you see? I see a land with no dreams, broken homes-hearts, kids running to lands of dreams and a nation giving its freedom away. “Lands, titles, men, power, nothing.”  This movie depicts the story of how William Wallace, lost all to gain freedom. To all you out there who follow these so called leaders, let me tell you they aren’t William Wallace. They are simply manipulators who wrap your dreams with ribbons promising to turn them into presents at the right time. “But, they do nothing but talk.” People constantly ask me, “Why on earth did you come back?” My answer is as simple as their love to their country. “I belong here”. Day by day I realize that in my beloved-destroyed mother land, the internally weak, mean, conniving bastards are the ones that are standing for love is give and take not simply take, “At last, you know what it means to hate. Now you're ready to be a king.” We live to show off, about dad’s money, my car, my house, my admirers, but we never show off our love and dedication to Lebanon, because there isn’t any. We will all die one day, and we will be remembered as the people who sold Lebanon, the traitors, and a few years down we will be forgotten. We sing the anthems, but we only know the tunes, we celebrate Independence Day, but we are not free. We are Lebanese by name but not by blood, for blood fears no one but God. Long live the thieves, prostitutes, haters, cowards etc should be Lebanon’s new anthem.
Leader




Sincerely,
MK

No comments:

Post a Comment