Sunday, March 4, 2012

Me, myself vs you

It was like last year, when the world seemed to crumble upon my head. I never dealt with words that aimed my way from tongues that had no names and faces in my world. It was like last year when the closest to my heart, became the weakness to it. It was like last year when I felt that regardless of the matter and truth, I was losing. But the fire will eventually die and even though the damage is done, the grass will grow again. The days and months that followed, I found myself effortlessly fighting to surround myself with people that Michelle owned a piece of their heart. It paid off.  You have to live by quality and not quantity. We are daily judged by people who in the end want to be us. It takes a split second to be the best of who you are. And it takes a lifetime to try and be someone. To the jealous and sad tongues, this is what we have to stay, "fuck forever, if you don’t mind. Oh, fuck forever, if you don’t mind, I don’t mind, I don’t mind, I don’t fucking mind." Every moment in life, is unique because it’s a once in a lifetime moment. Some last forever and some pass nonchalantly. But to all the moments we are granted, don’t take for granted. Learn to love the ones that love. Respect the ones that respect and believe in the ones that show and act. Don’t sell yourself to words, and don’t buy them with actions. It is now that I feel the warmth from the people I dedicate a piece of my heart to, it is now that I accept bastard words and I smile and I keep going. And it is now that I will fight the hardest to always be me.  

To my family I will give up my all

Stronger Than Ever,
MK

No comments:

Post a Comment